Saturday, October 1, 2011

Iowa Quilt Show


The Quilt Show was really nice.  They had some quilts that were really well done.  
My favorites are always the hand quilted ones.  
The machine quilted ones are hard to do also...but I just prefer hand quilted ones myself. 


 Most of my pictures did not turn out very well. 
I think there may have been too much over head lighting for my camera.  
Sometimes I can fix them when I get home...but couldn't with these.


We just got home a couple of hours ago, and I have not found my show book yet.  
When I do...I will try to come here and say something about each of these quilts.





I had forgotten how much I miss sewing and quilting until I went to the show and saw all of the creativity that goes into these cut up pieces of fabric.


My favorites are also the applique ones..in the photo below.  
So much patience has to go into those.



This one had so much stippling in it AND applique....
I can't even imagine how long this must have taken.


Tomorrow I hope to find some time to do a post about the Capital Building we toured.
It was really beautiful!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

wow, these are gorgeous. It must have been a great trip to go see these.

The Bug said...

Sandy's right - these ARE gorgeous!

Rudee said...

I really do need to go to a quilt show one of these days. I just really fear a new hobby.

The texture in the red and white quilt is absolutely stunning!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever