Monday, October 10, 2011

Knitted Blanket Complete


Finally....I finished the blanket I started....well, it has been so long I can't remember.  Now both girls will have a blanket that I knitted.  They may not be perfect....but Grandma made them, so hopefully someday they will treasure them.  Even if they don't...I enjoyed making them.  They both already have a blankie that was given to them by someone on Brian's side of the family and they are really attached to them.  But Maddie saw me working on the two I made and likes them just because she was anxious to see them finished.  Now I need to finish the quilt I started for her a couple of years ago.  My next knitting project will be socks.  I have yet to complete a pair of socks.  I may change my mind and do a poncho for each girl.  Wish I was a super fast knitter!
The garage door broke yesterday.  Two springs had to be replaced.  UGGGG...   And there is a nasty bug going around...with stomach problems and an itchy itchy rash that goes with it.  So far we all have had it except for Bob.
Hope our luck turns around and we win the game tonight and the next time they play.  And then go all the way to the World Series and win that.  I always hope for a World Series win....mainly because my husband and son are such loyal fans.

3 comments:

Rudee said...

Wow! I think it's a beautiful family heirloom.

Sorry about the garage door. We just went through that, and they're not cheap to fix.

The Bug said...

Love the blanket!

We're fortunate that we rent - our landlord had to fix our broken garage door :)

Sandy said...

That is such a pretty blanket. I really want to learn how to crochet this winter.

Oh yes, the days when one had to pay for their own repairs - ....darn I wish I missed it but I don't..ha.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever