Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Food Coma Day


I am just now trying to think about holiday cooking....and I just have to say...it is hard to get my thoughts and feelings geared up for it.  I found a couple of old photos of the food from a couple of years ago.  Katy and her family won't be here for Christmas this year...so I really should try and make the best of Thanksgiving.  I have to keep telling myself....do it for the grands.  Maddie is at an age where she loves to help in the kitchen, so I think that will be one way to push my thoughts in the right direction.  I gave up trying to feed large crowds of family a few years ago, so  I don't need to cook for anyone but us.  Katy and I had talked about just going to Bob Evans for a meal....and I haven't completely ruled that out yet.  I am pretty sure they would have just about everything I would prepare anyway.  We could come back and watch National Lampoon Christmas Vacation if we thought we were missing out on large amounts of family.  I wonder how many of us actually have an "Eddie"  in our family.  I do...but I don't think I have ever spent the holidays with them.  Yes...there are more than a couple of Eddie's in my family.


5 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

My daughter and family arrive on the 20th and leaving on the 27th, so we will be eating, going places, etc. all week. Greg and his girl friend will also join us and friend Jan and her son. We are opting to eat out on Thanksgiving Day, but we will see. Looking forward to it all. Nice picture!

Have a good week, Brenda.

The Bug said...

It's 10:00 in the morning & right now I could totally eat that whole plate of food without even blinking. Yum!

Thanksgiving isn't one of my favorite meals. Turkey is just ok, and I don't like dressing (it's the sage), BUT there are other holiday foods I could fill up on (corn pudding, green bean casserole, pecan pie). We'll be heading to NC where I'm sure I'll find plenty of everything.

If we were staying here? Bob Evans for SURE :)

Rudee said...

The Bug must learn to make dressing without sage.

The only problem with going out for dinner is the dearth of leftovers come Friday, otherwise, I'm totally with you on the holiday cooking apathy. I will end up cooking, but wish I had a personal chef I could order around.

Alison said...

I'm not sure how you Americans cope with two big holidays so close together. Just thinking about the cooking for Christmas frightens me!

Thought you would like to know that we're back posting again at beforeourtime.com. I know it's been a while...

Brenda said...

Alison....it is the worse! I swear we should all change the day to September 21st or something. It is just too close together for such large meals and gatherings. Too much stress!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever