Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Update on my exciting life.....

Our Thanksgiving was fine.  None of my food turned out very good this year, but we went to some relatives.. on Bob's side of the family on Sunday, and their food was fabulous!  I had some free time and started to go back into researching my family tree.  So now I have a new obsessive hobby going on.  I have so many photos from my Mom and Dad and I have no clue whatsoever who the people are......I feel like plastering them all over the internet and asking if anyone knows who these people are.  I really think they are related somehow...but I really don't know for sure.  One interesting thing I found out today was that all of my Dad's uncles were in World War I.  I think there were 6 of them.  Families were very large back then.  The weird part about me doing all of this research is that I am not very close to any of my living relatives.  I talk to my brothers and cousins just a few times a year.  I wonder how many other families are the same way. 

5 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

My daughter and I cooked Thanksgiving dinner Tuesday, as son Greg and his girl friend were here that day. Turned out great! On Thanksgiving we went to the Holiday Inn in a larger town and it was delicious and nice. Friday, the day after we went to Jonesboro, Arkansas and had lunch in a Japanese Restaurant for my birthday, then went to the mall and shopped. Friday, we ate at our local Bistro, because the owner is a friend of mine and I wanted to take my daughter and granddaughter to meet her. Then we went to visit Eileen, who is in a nursing home. That made everyone sad and upset, even Hannah. Eileen has Altzheimers, and is no longer the Eileen we have known and loved. Too sad and distressing to even dwell on that. Daughter and granddaughter left Sunday, and I miss them! She wants me to move back to Ohio to be near her, but I'm not ready to be an old lady just yet.

Glad you're doing all the research on the Family Tree. I found a bunch of Hungarian cousins on Facebook. They all live in Hungary and are now my friends on there, which is kind of fun.

Well, gee, I just wrote a blog post in your comments, Brenda. Sorry. Glad you had a good holiday. Hope this doesn't have too many spelling mistakes, cuase I am not reading the whole thing over. :-) Now, we prepare for Christmas!

Renie Burghardt said...

That was suppossed to be Saturday we ate at a local Bistro!

Rudee said...

Curious minds want to know...what did you do to the dinner?

I think researching the family tree is something I'll want to do down the road, but should probably get busy on the basics--you know--before everyone with a memory of events is gone.

And yes, I don't see or speak to my siblings often.

Brenda said...

Renie,
Since you don't post on your blog, I only hear from you on face book. So I LOVE when you tell me what is going on. I am so sorry to hear about Eileen. Alzheimer is an awful awful disease. It is too bad your daughter and family could not move where you are....it sounds so peaceful where you live. Thanks for sharing what it happening with you! Hugs, Brenda

Rudee,
The turkey was spongy, the mashed potatoes were pasty sticky, and the fresh green beans were over cooked. None of us liked the glazed carrots. The pies are still in the fridge...that should say how good they were. Ha. I can't cook any more. Glad to know not everyone has close contact with living relatives. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one.....

The Bug said...

I'm close to some of my relatives & not to others. And frankly it's the ones who don't do Facebook who don't hear from me - I'm just too lazy. Very sad.

I'm afraid to get into geneology - I already spend almost every waking minute on the computer as it is :)

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever