Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Family Tree not looking so good....

I have been meeting some other family members through my research and unfortunately found out that I may be related to this hillbilly version of the mafia.  One researcher claims that somewhere along the way we married into the Hatfield clan.  I am not so sure I am ready to believe this yet.  Would you want to be related to these people?  They look possessed or something....especially some of those kids.  Oh dear.....why couldn't I have found out that my ancestors were some uppity social elite group of people.   One thing I have found out is that it seems that both sides of my family members have been in this country since the 1700's.  I have been able to go back this far with some.  And most all of the males members have been in the wars.  I haven't seen any from the civil war yet.  Someone was in the war of 1812, and both Grandparents were in World War I along with all my Dad's uncles.  Every time I look at the photo above I feel sorry for myself.  Maybe I will stop this family research.......oh dear.

7 comments:

The Bug said...

Oh I think it would be GREAT to have an outlaw in my family tree! It would explain so much. Heh.

Brenda said...

Dana....hahah...it actually DOES explain a lot about my family.

Sandy said...

I would much rather have a family of outlaws. Wait, I do.
My mom's dad called my dad and his family outlaws.

The research you are doing sounds fun.

Renie Burghardt said...

Haha, having this bunch makes your family history very colorful, Brenda! :-) Love the picture.

Rudee said...

LMAO!!! Look at their pistolas! I swear, Brenda, you come up with the best stuff. My husband is descended from French Canadians booted out of Canada (likely criminals), but this is even better than that! No one can say you don't have a, ahem, colorful family tree.

stljack said...

This picture is really funny. The women look meaner than the men!! It makes me want to go on Wikipedia and research the Hatfields and find out what their so-called feud was all about. I've gone on Ancestry.com and tried to research my dad's side. I have some Fosters in my family going back to Revolutionary War era Virginia. It kept giving me hints and, if the leads were true, I managed to trace WAY back to medieval England and Scotland, like 1100 something. Like I said, don't know if the leads were correct but it was really interesting. Jack

stljack said...

Brenda, if it's any consolation, the Hatfields were, according to Wikipedia, the more-affluent of the two families.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever