Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Litigators...spoiler alert.


If you plan on reading this book don't read my review.  It is loaded with spoilers.
I finished this book about a week ago, and it was pretty good.  I think I have read all but one or two of his books.  This book kind of stayed with me a little while after reading it because the final law suit...one of the lawyers goes after... is a toy company that had lead levels so high on some of their toys (made in china) that they caused severe brain damage and early death in the children.  I found myself looking at all the toys while shopping this year for the grand kids and putting back all the ones made in china.  Both of them still put things in their mouth occasionally and it just scares me to think that a toy could ruin so many lives.  The first part of the book is about the lawyers going after a drug company that released a drug for high cholesterol that could be causing deaths but will hard to prove because the people that take it are overweight and not in the best of health anyway.  The drug company had bigger and better lawyers than the three lawyers going after them...so they don't win that one..but fortunately they do get compensation for the lead poisoning case.  Too little too late though.  The young boy died not long after the settlement.  I have a feeling this book will become a movie.  I am now reading Zero Day by David Baldacci.  It is pretty good.  Some time before New Years Day...I am going to add up all of the books I have read this year.  Almost all  of my books are now read on my e-reader...so we are accumulating fewer books.  I still buy magazines and we visit Barnes and Noble almost every weekend.  We buy religious books in paperback or hardback occasionally.  I would be really sad if all the book stores closed up because we all read only e-books so we are doing as much as possible to support them.  And... of course we buy lots of books for the grand kids!

4 comments:

Rudee said...

OK. Not reading your review. I'm looking forward to the book. So yes, or no, don't bother?

Brenda said...

Rudee...yes..it is worth reading. I think it could be a pretty funny movie someday. The main characters are pretty funny at times.

The Bug said...

I'll have to check it out - the last book of his that I read made me SO MAD I could just spit (it was the one about the big companies buying judges), but I usually like his books a lot.

I read most of my books on my e-reader too now - but Mike is helping to keep the book stores in business because he mostly buys real books.

Gigi Ann said...

I hope books don't disappear, I don't have an e-reader, I still like real books. I think I am on my 118th book for the year of 2011. But I still have a week or two, so may get another one or two read before 2012.

I read the review, because I just don't like his books anymore. This one sounds interesting especially with all the lead toys coming from China. The last few of his books I read I was very disappointed. I did read many of his books years ago, but I think I just OD on them.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever