Friday, December 23, 2011

Vacation Update

Let's see....what have we done this week on our vacation.  Monday....can't remember.  Tuesday...went to 8:15 Mass.  Later that evening we went to our annual Knights of Columbus Christmas Caroling at the Sisters of the Most Precious Blood.  They have a beautiful candlelight Novena that starts at 7 pm.  The sisters sing like angels....and I am not exaggerating one little bit.  They truly do make you feel like you are experiencing a little piece of what heaven must be like.  After the Novena we all gather for some old fashioned caroling along with the Sisters.  We bring cookies and soda to serve to them.  It was so cute.  One of the sisters arrived late and came over to the table to see what we had.  She said..."Umm...I am looking for some peanut clusters.  They are my favorite."  I told I didn't think we had any.  She said...."No...I don't think you do."...sounding a little disappointed.  Next year she is getting peanut clusters.  They are all so sweet, and they are doing well as they age.  I am afraid there are not very many women going into that vocation any more.  Too bad.  We have 2 sisters at our parish that are the dearest women that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  Other than that....we really haven't done much except hang around the house and read, work a very complicated jigsaw puzzle and watch a little TV.  I have slept late everyday and have been very lazy....but isn't that what vacations are all about...


Merry Christmas to everyone reading my blog right now.  I hope your Christmas is wonderful!

3 comments:

Winifred said...

Sounds like you had a marvellous time Brenda. Have a happy Christmas and a healthy year in 201.

Rudee said...

I wish I could hear them sing. It sounds beautiful. I went to my friend's Jubilee, 50 years in her order, and let me tell you, those Sisters could both sing and party.

Sandy said...

I so wanted to be a nun when I was a kid going to Catholic School.

Sounds like a great time.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever