Sunday, February 12, 2012

Arch


Bob and I went  to Barnes and Noble for coffee and some browsing.  Boy...was it ever crowded!  The first store we went to was so crowded we had to leave.  Books stores are still very popular here...in spite of the closings of some stores.  We  relocated over to the Chesterfield store and were able to sit at a nice comfy table.  I have been wanting to go to the St. Louis Anselm Parish for awhile now, because Bob had gone a few times and told me about the architecture.   I thought it was really beautiful.  It was a different experience for me.  The inside was  a circle...with the altar in the middle.  The arches let in a lot of natural light.  Bob reminded me of how many of our structures have arches...aside from the obvious one.  The St. Louis Arch. 


These photos were taken by Bob during prior visits.


Our old Busch Memorial Stadium had arches at the top to compliment our Gateway to The West Arch.
The photo below is of Lambert Airport.  I got the photo from Wiki Commons.  Look at the older cars.  This was taken in the 70's or early 80's.


The picture below is a Monastery in Portugal.


I found a few more interesting photos of arches around the world..but blogger is not cooperating right now...so maybe another time.  Also...my little kitty keeps trying to put her 2 cents in by playing with the keyboard and mouse....

4 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Those arch photos are gorgeous! Love them. The nearest good book stores for me are in Jonesboro, Arkansas, 80 miles away. It's a real treat when I get to go to one of them. I buy most of my books at amazon.com.

Have a good week! We may get a little snow tomorrow. Maybe I'll get to take some snow pictures for a change!

Brenda said...

Thanks Renie!
You really should come hang out with me in St Louis someday. Bob and I would love to take you around the town!

Rudee said...

Beautiful photos, Brenda.

Sandy said...

I enjoyed the photos. Wow, that church is cool.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever