Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Storm Damage

D.L. Douglas, 80, surveys the damage to a barn near his house northeast of Puxico, Mo., after a storm ripped through the area around 4 a.m., Feb. 29, 2012.  This is my Uncle.  I was so surprised to see this on the news.  I don't keep in touch with them very often since Mom and Dad passed away several years ago.  I watched the kids today and did not have the TV or news on.  Now it is 5 pm and I am watching the news and cannot believe how much damage and how wide spread this was.  Branson, Kansas, Illinois, Missouri....130 mile an hour winds.  All in the middle of the night.  It was so windy here all day...but gust of only 47 miles an hour.  Can you imagine 130 miles an hour.  I haven't heard  how many deaths or injuries yet.   Prayers for them all.  It takes a long time to clean up after these disasters.
Now I just heard we have had 120 tornadoes in 2 months.  The speed also for some areas in last nights tornadoes were clocked at 170 mph.   Also found out that my cousin, who is DL and Fern's son lost his home in this storm.  The roads are closed and my cousin who lives around the area cannot get through to them.  Of course the media can though.


2 comments:

Rudee said...

Wow. Struck kind of close to home, didn't it? Stay safe during this whacky winter weather.

The Bug said...

SCARY! I'm with Rudee - stay safe!

I wonder if the mild winter is goign to give way to a worse than usual tornado season...

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever