Friday, March 2, 2012

One more week...


This time next week I will have surgery on my knee.  I cannot wait for some improvement to my mobility.  I feel like.. all I have been doing is sitting around like this.. big black bear.  If I am on my feet for even an hour or two, it is very painful and I have to sit down.  I have a torn cartilage and the doc is going to go in there and do something to it.  He said he thinks he can fix it...so I am trusting in him to do it.  Having a two story house has not been good with bad knees.  I am going to do some serious persuasion for us to try and sell this house and find a ranch somewhere.  I have a feeling it will take a long time to find something.  Bob and I are not too keen on worrying about the upkeep, inside and outside of a subdivision home anymore.  I still have dreams occasionally  of a little place in the country where I can have a vegetable garden and a riding lawn mower.  Gas is  suppose to go up to $4 a gallon this summer and that will AGAIN drive up the cost of food.  It is already out of our league.  I still look at one green pepper at the store and they are asking $1.50 for it...and put it back on the shelf.  If you have a garden you can have more vegetables than you can eat.  I can't tell you how many times I have bought produce that I have paid so much for and brought it home just to find out it is bad on the inside.  Twenty years ago...I never would have dreamed that some of the most basic things like food, fuel for the car, and health care...would be such a concern..the way it is today.  I think that is about all I have for my weekly rant.  I actually wanted to give up negativity for lent this year.  As you can see...I would have failed at that one.  I am still a grouchy old bear...

6 comments:

The Bug said...

I don't blame you for your concern - it is scary. Eating ramen all the time can't be healthy :)

Good luck on your surgery! And do what the doctor tells you to!

Rudee said...

1. Anyone would be grumpy when in such pain.

2. Embrace your Bearness. I have.

3. Does this mean you'll be on drugs postoperatively so I may finally have a chance to clean your clock on Words with Friends? Gee, I hope so!

Luv u Brenda...

Brenda said...

Dana,
I am afraid the demand for Ramen or something that affordable will be in high demand soon. Healthy foods have been too high priced for some time now. Thanks for the well wishes. Also...if I don't visit your blog very often it is because my reader is totally messed up. I depended on that to let me know when someone posted on their blog. I am in the process of trying to fix it...

Rudee,
You totally cracked me up! I seriously needed a good laugh. Love ya back...

Rositta said...

I'm sure things will be much better once your knee is fixed. Veggies are very pricey up here in Canada in winter and sadly our gas costs more than yours...ciao

stljack said...

I agree with you, Brenda, about the price of vegetables. I refuse to pay 3.50 for a bag of lettuce even though it is already chopped up and (supposedly) cleaned for me. I buy two apples (I like Jonagolds) to take to work with me and end up paying more than $2. Good luck with your surgery and I will be sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery!

Sandy said...

I hope your knee surgery goes okay! Yes, keeping up with a big house is no fun. You will love scaling down if you do so.

and on one floor.

This house now is a 2 story - I HATE it.. up and down...and I hear everything downstairs.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever