Thursday, April 19, 2012

Todays Events



This morning I woke up feeling full of energy and with so little pain in my knee...I embarked on some hefty chores.  First I sanitized the doorknobs and light switches and counters and cabinets.  Our son-in-law has a nasty bug and none of us want it.  I unloaded the dishwasher.  I changed the light bulb in the garage opener which I would not have been able to do with the knee pain.  (ladder climbing)  I vacuumed the pool and it was extra time consuming because it had not been done for almost 2 weeks.  I won't go into details...but it was gross.  I loaded up some old wood and put it in a bag to take out to the curb.  I edged the lawn and re mowed some areas.  (Our son mowed on Tuesday but I told him not to edge that day)  I power washed the front of our house on the porch area because it has been bugging me for  along time.  I filled some old paint cans up with litter that have piled up in the garage.  Hope to get rid of those tomorrow.  I washed the sheets and pillow cases and put them on the bed.  Which by the way....really irks me because I almost always put the short side on wrong first and then have to redo it...why can't they be marked somewhere.  I guess I should be the one to do that.  And why are sheets and pillow cases so EXPENSIVE and full of wrinkles!    I showered and got ready to pick the kids up at 3 ...but Brian was feeling better so he went to get them.  It is now 3 pm and I am wondering if I might sneak in some knitting or something that requites sitting for a while until I make supper.  I may start recording what I do everyday...so I won't feel like I don't do anything...just because I don't go to a job that pays money.....

2 comments:

The Bug said...

Lord woman you did more in one morning than I do in 6 months around my house! Poor Mike...

And ditto on the sheets - we had to get new ones a few months ago & they are SO much more wrinkly than our old ones - & cost over $70! And they weren't the top of the line either. Sigh.

Rudee said...

I won't even get into it about the sheets. I have one set that I wash (made by Sealy). No wrinkles, very soft and elasticized ends so you know which end is which. I keep looking for more, but haven't seen them. Perhaps it's time for a trip to Penney's.

As for your last comment...are you kidding me? If you had to pay someone for all of that work, you'd pay a small fortune!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever