Tuesday, April 17, 2012

YES....It's Getting Better..


Hip Hip Hooray!  My knee is getting better.  After 5 weeks. post opt knee surgery I finally awoke with a very minimal amount of pain.  Yes indeed...I am on the mend!   But...I have been annoyed with another problem that I haven't talked about very much and that is cataracts.  I knew I had them for the past few years...but for the past several months I have not been able to see things close up or at a distance very clearly.  I had a Dr. appointment today and he said that the cataracts have gotten bad enough to have the surgery to correct my eyes.  He said that with this surgery...I will be able to see without contacts and glasses.  This will be like a miracle for me.  I have worn glasses since I was in the 4th grade.  My vision is so bad, I am legally blind without the corrections that contacts and glasses can give me.  I am getting pretty excited about this......maybe I will have more upbeat things to talk about for awhile now....;)

PS  If I have mispellings it is because I can't see well...because of eye dialations form the appointment

3 comments:

The Bug said...

Yay for your lessened knee pain!

I got my first pair of glasses in the 4th grade too. I had VERY VERY bad vision, but got lasik surgery 7 years ago. It was like a miracle. Of course, now that I'm older I have to wear reading glasses for small print - but 7 years of not wearing any contacts or glasses was pretty darn fabulous :)

I'm impressed you tried to type at all with dilated eyes!

Rudee said...

It will be so exciting to see without glasses!

I am so happy your knee is better. You deserve this after all you've been through. Keep doing those exercises though!

Rositta said...

Glad to hear about the knee. I've had both eyes done and yes I have perfect distance vision. What they don't tell you is that you will need reading glasses and intermediate readers for computer. Also 50% of people get a secondary cataract within two years. It happens because your eye tries to grow another lens over the implanted one. I had that happen and a quick 15 minute laser treatment took care of it. I'm told it only happens once. Good luck...ciao

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever