Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Getting my mojo back....


Unlike Waterpool....I have been feeling a little more energetic lately.   (Actually these photos are deceiving...she has tons of energy...more than me.)  She just looked so cute on my lap one evening...I had to snap a picture of her.    I have finally reorganized my sewing room and at least now know where most things are.  That leaves me with no excuse for not starting on my many many projects that have been waiting for me.  I also have a large stash of yarn next to my chair in the bedroom for evening knitting.  I have not made any progress on that yet...even though I work on  something most evenings.  I have been ripping everything out...because I am finding too many mistakes.  A perfectionist that just can not make a perfect item...sigh.

Today I was able to get out and pull some weeds, do a little pool cleaning stuff and catch up on some wash and will now go start the ironing.  I think I did some other stuff...but have already forgotten...and am so easily distracted....I ended up here on the computer trying to catch up on mail and blogs.

Getting easily distracted seems to be happening to me way too often.  In my mind...I sometimes have these great thoughts...sometimes about writing a children's book and illustrating it myself.  That is my one dream...to make money off of it... if I could (big dream.....I know) so that we could have money to retire on. We have been thinking about retirement and wondering when it will really happen.  Our bodies and minds say...NOW....but our bank account says...maybe never...  I wonder if we will be able to come up with a plan in the next say....5 years.  Sure hope so!  Retirement for Bob will be not going to work and not getting a pay check.  For me....I don't really know what it means...  Maybe using all the things I already have and not buying anything else?  We shall see....I used to think that being 61...and thought it  would be different than what it actually is now that we are that age.  Being happy and content with what we have should be enough for anyone at any age...I would think.  Which I am...but I still like to whine sometimes...


Isn't she cute?!?  She is so soft and cuddly.  I just love her!

3 comments:

The Bug said...

I know we'll never be able to retire - unless we're forced to. I try not to think about it too much :)

Waterpool is a terribly cute kitty - I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get a thing done with that example around!

Rudee said...

Waterpool is adorable.

I don't know when we'll retire, either. Maybe never. It was a huge compromise to go part time. So far, I'm only working Tuesday through Thursday. By Wednesday last week, I realized I had worked as many hours as I usually did by that time in the week. I shut my phone off on Thursday and Friday. Crazy. If I could afford to, I wouldn't work at all. Now that's a big dream I don't think I'll ever realize. Sad.

sandy said...

retirement means having more time to break bones, like elbow yup. ouch...one finger typing sucks

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever