Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sewing with Waterpool






Here is our little Waterpool looking through the sewing machine as I tried to sew this morning.  She was very interested in what the contraption was all about.  She showed no fear what-so-ever.



She even brought me her mouse.  She often brings them to me...as if she has offered me a piece of gold.  She likes to share...I think.  I find these little mice in closets...under the stove...behind a door...every where.  At first I thought she wanted me to collect them for her so she could play with them.  I found out though...that hiding them in these places is all part of her game.   By taking them out of their hiding places...I had spoiled her fun.  I just try to make sure she has at least 2 at a time to play with.  Best cat toy ever...and only a couple of bucks for a package of them.


I am happy to have my sewing room back in working order...but I may have to bring a water bottle here to threaten her with.  She tries to steal my thread...material...ribbons...tools...whatever I have laying out.  The water bottle trick worked on the kitchen counters.  I only had to spray her feet once and now when she sees the bottle she gets down.  She still gets on counters and everything...but if I have the bottle handy and pick it up...she gets down.



Kayla wanted to be "Kayla the Cat " today...in Waterpool's bed.  It is refreshing to watch the grand kids play at this age.  They are so innocent and have such an adventurous spirit.  The quilt in the background is Maddie's that I started a couple of years ago.  I need to put one more row on and then hand quilt it...which may take another 2 years.  Then I need to make one for Kayla.  Rediscovering all of my quilt books has been fun.  I want to make so many quilts!  I also have some dress up costumes I am going to make for the girls.  They are at a perfect age to want to dress up. 

Today we went to Maddie's first dance recital.  She did great!  The little kids are so cute and so fun to watch.  Before we went to the recital....they were watching a TV show while having their lunch.  I walked through the room in time to see a little boy balancing a spoon on his nose and standing on one leg.  Maddie looked at Kayla and said..."Wow....."  Like she was really impressed.  It just sounded so grown up like.  I will be hoping though...that she is not going to be too fooled by those little trickster boys...and go more for the nerdy ones.  A Grandma can dream....

4 comments:

RWV said...

Love the pictures and the story to go with it.

The Bug said...

Waterpool is one lovely cat :)

Kayla the cat is pretty cute too - ha!

I'm glad you've found your quilting passion again.

Rudee said...

Be careful now...you'll leave the room and the cat will go to work. Just like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXV7EqCcqfI

Kayla is so cute in that kitty bed. I want a kitty, too. I have severe kitty envy.

sandy said...

love waterpool photos, weird, thought i had commented

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever