Thursday, July 5, 2012

Growing Up


Just a few photos of the kids today.  Kayla is playing in my jewelry drawer.  This is something that both girls love to do.  Sometimes we have "Beauty Shop" day and get all dolled up..  Well...they do anyway.



Maddie loves to wear our glasses for some reason.  I hope that she never HAS to wear them.  My daughter and I have worn them since 2nd grade.  I had my final eye visit today from my surgery.  I go back one more time for the final study exam in September.  Then I am contemplating whether or not I want to get my left one fixed or just wear glasses.


In one more week Bob and I will be taking a vacation on a bus with some of our church members with our favorite priest.  He recently left our parish to be Vice Rector for Cardinal Glennon College.  He is still going to host our trip though.  This young man is so special...he radiates the Holy Spirit like I have never experienced before.  I feel so blessed to be able to go with him on this trip, because I don't know when we may see him again after this.  He planned a trip for us to Wisconsin.  I have never been there...so I am looking forward to it....and I am hoping it will be a little cooler there.  We have been in triple digits for so long.


Maddie has been asking me about dying and I answered her questions the best way I knew how.  She said she never wants to die and she wants to stay the age she is right now.  She is a really happy little girl.  She wakes up nearly every morning with a cheerful attitude.  I hope she stays cheerful her whole life.  I think there are a few of us humans who have that quality.  I know I haven't been blessed as  one of them.  I am a bear until I have had a couple cups of coffee...and then not much for conservation until maybe 10 a.m..  Have to go have some more conversations with the Magnificent Maddie. She is a real chatterbox...

6 comments:

Rudee said...

I can't believe how grown up they are! Sara loved dressing up in my jewelry. She still does. lol The good stuff...

Rudee said...

Can you go in the pool yet?

Brenda said...

Yes...they gave me the all clear on whatever I want to do. I do plan on getting in soon.

Winifred said...

They are absolutely gorgeous little girls. They have grown so quickly, I think grandchildren do sadly. It's lovely that Maddie is so cheerful.

My granddaughter Lauren used to be like that but now she's seven she seems to be much more serious. Her little school friend Olivia however is a real giggler, so chirpy, together they make a great pair!

The Bug said...

So cute :)

I got my first glasses in the 4th grade - then switched to contacts in the 8th grade. It was really nice to not have to wear anything after my lasik surgery in 2005, but now I need reading glasses. At least they're not as thick as my old glasses were!

sandy said...

The girls are so cute!

Have fun on that trip. Sounds wonderful.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever