Friday, August 31, 2012

Sentimental Stuff



This morning we decided to put a couple of bikes out in the trash.  I am pretty sure we are not what you would call "hoarders".  We just like things that have some sentimental vibes associated with them.  I would guess that this bike of my husband's is about 37 years old.  We have been married for 35 years and he had it when we married.   He hasn't ridden it for many years but...still things like this are a little hard to part with.  I know that in the next few years we are going to be parting with a lot of things like this...because we just don't have the room for them anymore. 


I think we should just take a lot of photos like this and then just remember them this way.

For some reason I thought about a song in the seventies by Don Mc Lean..."American Pie".  I remember really singing along to the song back then...but the words just don't make a lot of sense to me now.  I think it was just one of those songs that was fun to sing to.

So long "Huffy".  Geez...why am I getting so sentimental...it is my husband's bike................

3 comments:

The Bug said...

We have things like that - especially when they're that old. I like the idea of taking pictures & then getting rid of them - we don't have room either!

Rudee said...

While it's so hard to part with the things we accumulate, it is liberating. Maybe someone else will come along and show this bike some more love. I have no clue why we attach sentimentalism to such objects, but you aren't alone.

I love that seat!

sandy said...

I agree with Rudee - it is so liberating. I got rid of things I never thought I could - and then believe it or not, I had to go buy replacement stuff when we moved up here - such as some recliners and kitchen stuff and of all things outside furniture - i gave all my furniture away - and I had so much from the big house and yard.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever