Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Spending time with the grandkids


Sunday we watched the kiddos for awhile and Kayla was so excited to have Grandpa showing her how to match things up and some learning activities in her book.   She gave him the biggest smile when she figured out how to do something.  Wish I could have gotten a photo of that, but I did get one of her giving him a big smooch.



That is Grandpa love.  Sometimes they willingly give us hugs and kisses and then sometimes it is more an air kiss and a small hug.     Just depends on how busy they are...or whatever.



Yesterday I took them to the Science Center and they had fun.  This board is some kind of dancing thing that changes patterns.


Working on some puzzzles.




Kayla the Doctor.


Magnet building.



Kayla likes the firework pattern.




Kayla the Bug Catcher.




Flower dancing.





Sisters.




Kayla checking out the skunk and critters.



Space people.


The Hess Doctors.

Today I woke up and cleaned the litter box, 3 bathrooms, swept the kitchen floor and mopped it.  Dusted one floor, did 5 loads of wash.  Cleaned the pool filter and vacuumed it and added chemicals.   Pulled weeds, edged the lawn, trimmed some trees and mowed the lawn.  All for a good cause.  Thursday I get to go on a 5 day retreat for women at Kordes Retreat Center in Indiana...near St. Meinrad where Bob and stayed last spring.

I also voted today.  Not too shabby for a old woman...I'd say! 

4 comments:

RWV said...

Not too shabby at all!

The Bug said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Why didn't they have stuff like that when I was a kid?

Rudee said...

I can't believe how grown up your girls are! The science center sounds like great fun! You're a good grandmother, Brenda.

sandy said...

The girls are so cute. I got tired just reading you. I hope you enjoyed the retreat.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever