Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Adventures



Bob and I are having a staycation this week.  Yesterday I went to church to serve at a funeral lunch and that took most of the day.  Then we picked up Maddie and Kayla from pre-school and brought them back here for an hour or so.  We drove them over to their new home a few miles from us.  Bob hadn't seen the house.. inside.. since they moved a month ago.  Things are coming along for them.  Their house is very beautiful and the kids each have their own room and a play room.

 I have been on a very strict diet, so I have to stay  pretty close to home.  I am on a diet called Isagenix.  It is more or less a cleansing, shake and vitamin diet.  You can have one meal if it is a 400-600 calorie low glycemic meal.  I have had a tuna salad....and chicken salad...so far.  It is really working , so I want to stay close to home so that I am not tempted to veer off of it.  I purchased enough products to get me through 30 days.  This is day 6 and I have lost 7 lbs. and 2 inches off of my chest, stomach and fanny.  I feel like a new person.  Things that used to hurt don't hurt and my reflux and stomach issues have more or less disappeared.  It is nothing short of a miracle for me.  I am really excited to have finally found something that is helping me!

This morning, Bob and I went to run a few errands and then decided to stop in Best Buy and look at all the new tech stuff.  We wanted to look at Windows 8 and it looks pretty interesting...but it looks like you have to have a laptop with a screen that has that feature.  If I put it on mine, I would still have to  use a mouse, so that is not high on our list of things to get right now.  Then I wandered over to the new smart phone area and saw a Samsung Galaxy III that really caught my eye.  I am due for a new phone on our family share plan, but I don't really use my phone all that much.  I was just going to let Bob get an iPhone 5 and then I would take his phone.  He has been studying the Androids, because he needs to learn more about them for his job.  I am trying to convince him to let me get the Galaxy and then he can use it to learn more about the android phone.  It would still cost us $150 to buy the phone though...and I would rather buy a new chair than a new phone right now.  Still if it helped him with his work.....ummm....don't know yet.


I wandered over to the TV section and saw that they now have a 90 inch TV.   Theater rooms in homes must be popular these days.  We have come a long way... from the TV Bob and I bought when we first married.  It think we bought a 25 inch Magnavox console and thought we had really "arrived"  into high class living.




Nothing I saw today captured my attention as much as this product called GoPro.  It is a camera/video that you wear on your helmet or hat while you are doing adventurous activities, like skiing, surfing, wing flying, etc.  I had no idea that someone had invented a suit that you can wear that allows you to fly like a bird!  Our dreams have come true. Watch the video below.  It is amazing!   Should I try this before I get much older......?  Watch Granny fly like a bird!  Ha...








4 comments:

The Bug said...

No I to NOT think you need to start trying to fly like a bird! Scary!

I'm glad you're doing so well on your new diet - hope it continues to help.

Rudee said...

I could definitely do that bird flying bit, but only if the offer Advanced Cardiac Life Support mid-air.

Enjoy your staycation!

Sara got the iPhone 5 and lurves it. I am green with envy.

Gigi Ann said...

HAPPY STAYCATION this week. This was such a fun post to read. All the new techie things look like fun to play around with. I'll be looking up to see you as you fly across Iowa. ; )

sandy said...

That skydiving video was amazing - flying like a bird, wheeee!

Congrats on finding the diet that works. i'm thinking of going gluten free for awhile and cutting out starches and sugars as much as possible. If I could drop 20 pounds I'd be happy - but it's been hard to do it.
Enjoy your vacation at home.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever