Sunday, October 21, 2012

Quess what we did today....


I have the worst sore throat EVER.  I have been staying at home and feeling lousy for the past few days.  Today we decided to get out for awhile and take a fall drive. Bob has already been exposed to my germs, so I felt like it was okay to do this.  I am one of those people that thinks if you are sick...stay home and keep your cooties away from others...until you are well.  I really don't know what the rules of illnesses are any more though.   For schools..they say as long as the child  does not have a fever, you can send them.  Not everyone that is sick gets a fever though.  For instance, my normal temperature is 96.3....so if it is 99...I am thinking I have a fever.   According to flu.gov here are the symptoms:

Flu symptoms include:
  • A 100oF or higher fever or feeling feverish (not everyone with the flu has a fever)
  • A cough and/or sore throat
  • A runny or stuffy nose
  • Headaches and/or body aches
  • Chills
  • Fatigue
  • Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea (most common in children)










I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow and I wonder if I should call and tell them I am sick.  I had laser surgery again last week because when I went in for my final check after the eye surgery in September, he saw a fogginess on the eye, lens, whatever I have.  He lasered it out last week. Tomorrow would be a one week check.  I think he could wait one more week to look at it...but I will call and let them decide.

Well...all of this talking has worn me down.  Off to watch the baseball game and hope we get a win.

6 comments:

Rudee said...

So sorry you're not feeling well. I'd call the eye doctor and tell them this. They probably would appreciate the opportunity to reschedule you.

I just saw the score of the ball game. (:() !!! What happened?

Brenda said...

Rudee,
They played lousy!

The Bug said...

Yeah - that was a depressing game. Mike even decided to sleep through part of it - ha!

Pretty leaf pictures! Sorry you've not been feeling well.

I did a double-take when you wondered if you should call your doctor to tell him that you're sick - cause I thought you were going to the doctor BECAUSE you were sick. Reading the rest of that paragraph helped me understand a little better.

Brenda said...

Dana
I know I talk in riddles. It is awonder that anyone can make sense out of what I say. Ha.

Brenda said...

Dana
I know I talk in riddles. It is awonder that anyone can make sense out of what I say. Ha.

sandy said...

Hope you're all well - Sore throats worry me a lot, especially this time of year.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever