Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Reader Appreciation Award


Dana at Bug's Eye View has bestowed this lovely award to me and some others bloggers.  Without further adieu here goes....

::Where do you do most of your writing/blogging? At the moment it is in our kitchen at my desk.  My computer has made it's way around the house in a few places...but I prefer this location because I can multi task eat better here.  Here is photo of my grandkids computing recently.



::What books were your childhood favorites? This one is a tough one.  I did not own any books when I was a child.  My family just did not have enough money to buy books.  I also did not have a way to get to the library because my Mother did not drive nor have a car.    The only school book I have a memory of is the classic...Dick and Jane.


As an adult of 61 though we have a house full of books.  Too many to count.  I LOVE books and so does my husband!

:: Who is your favorite fictional character?   Well....I guess the first thing that pops into my head is Scarlet O'Hara.  She seems like a spoiled pretty young girl....until life toughens her up  when the war starts.  I like how she doesn't care what people think of her.  She knows who she is and goes after what she wants.

 
::What is your favorite time of day and why?  Probably around 9 in the evening because that is when I get my jammies on and get ready to read and relax until I fall asleep.

::Have you ever Googled yourself and been surprised at what you’ve found? Not really.  Not sure if I would want to.  Okay I will.  Nothing much to report except that the minutes of a meeting I used to run has my phone number for all the world to see.  Oh well....we no longer have that number anyway.

::Who would play you in a movie of your life?   I think Meryl Streep.  I only say that because she looks so much like my Aunt. 

OK, who would I like to see answer these questions?  Well this is really hard.  I really don't visit very many blogs anymore.  A lot of the people I had met a few years ago....don't blog anymore or if they do it is not on a regular basis.  But I may alert a few people anyway and see if they are interested.

Rudee at A Knitting Nurse

Sandy at Living the Wright Way

Winifred at I'm Trying, Honestly!

Renie at Renie Burghardt's World

Wil at Reader Wil


Thanks Dana! 

7 comments:

Reader Wil said...

Hi Brenda thanks for the invitation to answer the questions. This week has been very busy what with my birthday, my neighbour's birthday, St. Nicholas on the fifth of this month. On Monday I am leaving for Australia. Every day I have something to do in order to get ready. I have scheduled all my posts for ABC Wednesday, because I post every week something for blogspot. I don't like Facebook, and hardly ever visit it.
I am grateful if someone wants to give me an award, but I have an awardfree blog, therefore I am very happy with every visit and comment. I hope you are not offended! ;)

The Bug said...

I feel kind of sad for the little girl you were, but I'm glad you found books once you got older! If you go to the comments on Nance's post (the one I link to at the beginning of my post) you'll see that someone else mentioned Scarlet O'Hara.

I'm glad you tagged Rudee - I almost did but already had so many people listed...

Thanks for playing along!

sandy said...

This was interesting Brenda - doubt I will join in , but thank you. I hardly visit any blogs any more so wouldn't have that many to tag.

I did enjoy reading your answers a lot.

Rudee said...

Thank you!

I hope by now you've read, Charlotte's Web. It was my favorite.

Brenda said...

No offense to anyone who does not want to participate. Thanks for your visits!

Brenda said...

I think I meant to say....I am not offended. ha

Reader Wil said...

Thank you for wishing me good luck on my flight on Monday. I wish you a very happy New Year and a merry Christmas!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever