Saturday, June 1, 2013

Stormy Weather


Someone at work around Earth City, Mo....not far from us... took this photo of one of the tornadoes we had last night.  Bob was out at a meeting and waited for the sirens to go off and got home safely.  I was at home reading and at one point decided to take Waterpool downstairs for awhile.  No damage for us, but many homes damaged around our area and power outages.  No deaths or serious injuries, Thank God.  Oklahoma was not so lucky.  Wow....we sure have been having some terrible weather lately.  Our area has flood warnings every other day...it seems.  Our parish is having an annual picnic this weekend that started last night.  There won't be as big a turnout because of the weather...but the show goes on. 
On the brighter side....we are planning a family vacation this August to the Lake of the Ozarks.  We have a 4 bedroom condo that has a great view (from the photos) of the lake.  Katy, Brian and the girls will go and we are hoping that Bobby will be able to join us.  Kayla and Maddie are at really cute ages right now.  They both have imaginations out of this world and love to do almost anything new and adventurous.  Even if the weather isn't all that great for boating or outdoor things....I think we will have fun just doing something different.
I have to say.....last night I was very touched by Kat and Dana and Rudee trying to get in touch with me to see if I was ok.  I know we are just bloggers and haven't seen each other face to face but I feel like I know you..... as if we get together often.   My memory is really getting slow lately and I fell like I am not on top of anything anymore.  I feel like I am much older than I really am some days.  I like blogging and wish I would do more of it.  Thanks so much for your caring concern ladies!  Love ya!

5 comments:

The Bug said...

I'm just glad you guys are ok! Your vacation sounds like fun :)

sandy said...

I've had you on my mind and then just tonight I read that a levee is bursting its' seams at West Alton - are you okay - any danger in your area. Thinking positive thoughts.

(I haven't been on my blogs much nor visiting but have thought of you often. )

Have fun on vacation. As a kid i had an aunt who lived in the Lake of the Ozarks. We lived near Kansas City and I vividly remember a wonderful week at the lake.

sandy said...

Just also read


....Colene McEntee, public affairs coordinator for the St. Charles County government, says warning sirens have been activated, and all residents need to leave the area now.

The evacuation affects approximately 300 residents.


Now this has me worried for you

Brenda said...

Hi Sandy....We don't live where we could get flooded, and luckily came out of the tornado with no damage done to our property, but driving around...WOW. Some people have to leave their homes it is so bad. And yes....the flooding is very bad for many people but not for us. I will try and blog more later about the areas in trouble. It is very sad. Thank you dear friend for your concern.

Rudee said...

Holy cow! That's one scary looking storm!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever