Friday, January 3, 2014

Our New Ride


Yesterday was an eventful day for Bob and I.  We went over to Kia and leased a brand new 2014 Kia Soul.  Our 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe  was just speaking to us to rethink our means of transportation.   I had gone into the dealership last week and spoke with a lovely young lady about my options and we agreed to bring Bob in on Thursday to get the ball rolling.  We ended up leasing instead of buying because I could get a very low ($250 a month) payment.  This is our first time leasing and I think it will be good for us because we don't drive very many miles and with leasing they take care of the license fees and sales tax.  We still have an option to purchase it after 3 years and we may end up doing that.  I guess it is never too late to try something new.  We will see as time goes by if it was a good choice or not.  I am looking forward to driving it more as soon as our winter weather settles down.  This weekend we are predicted to have a 12 inch snow blizzard with below freezing temperatures.
I hope to start back blogging this year.  I need to try and keep my mind sharp.  If you are reading this.....thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

RWV said...

It's good to have you back blogging again. Love you.

RWV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Winifred said...

Happy New Year Brenda!

I'm trying to do better at blogging this year but I desperately need a new laptop. Have to rely on using my husband's & I don't want to cause a divorce after all these years through fighting for access to a loptop!

That car does seem a good option. It certainly seems a very reasonable charge too. My son in law leases his cars now & it seems to work for him. Happy motoring!

The Bug said...

I was eyeing those cars at one point - cute! You'll have to let us know what you think about it after you've had it for a while.

sandy said...

I do hope you blog more!! Love your "ride". We've never leased before but I always thought it might be a good idea.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever