Thursday, May 29, 2014

Kayla takes Granny shopping

This morning Kayla came over and seemed very tired, so I suggested we go upstairs and watch TV on our bed while I did some sewing...thinking she may be able to fall asleep if she needed to.  She likes to get adventuress when we go upstairs because there are still so many places she hasn't explored upstairs.  She was looking in a closet where I keep my material and brought some out with instructions on what she wanted me to make with them.   One was a blanket for her baby brother doll.  As I was sewing it she changed her mind and asked me to make it a pillowcase.  I finished that and then we decided to go out for lunch.  We went to Chick-fil-a where they have a place to play for kids.  For some reason she didn't want to play because she said it was too crowded...so we headed over to the Mall.  On the way she fell asleep.   I thought it would be better to let her sleep in the car for awhile and then go in the mall.  In between running the air conditioner and opening the windows to stay cool...I decided to try and take a "Selfie".  I think only young and pretty girls should do this.....and what is wrong with my left eye?!?!  Now I know why I can't see out it very well.  I think I had a stroke or something.






She woke up and was glad to see we were at the mall.  The first thing she wanted to do was jump on the trampoline.  Luckily Granny had $7.00 because they only take cash.


She knew that Granny does not go to the mall very often...maybe once a year.  So she was my tour guide.  She showed me around the place like it was an amusement park.  Unfortunately she brought me into some expensive stores.  She wanted some shoes that cost $30....and I told her that her feet grow too fast for shoes that cost that much.  Then she wanted to buy a baby outfit that was going to be for her new baby.  She said her Mom might have a baby for Christmas and she wanted to start buying some clothes.  She had a girl outfit picked out...but she always talks about a brother.  Well....Grams had to convince her that after we know there will be a baby...we will buy the clothes.
I am getting pretty good at not letting her talk me into everything.  She is so darn adorable....it would be easy to give in.  We went to another store that had a 50% off sale.  Shoes for $1.99 and $9.99.....and sun glasses for 99 cents.  I also let her pick out a necklace that said "Best Friends" where one half is hers... and the other half Maddie's.    The young lady that checked her out said that her best friend is her sister too.  I told her that her and Maddie ate 2 years apart and she said that her and her sister were 2 years apart also and have always been best friends. 

And the close of the day is little Kayla modeling her goods for me.  I am one lucky Granny!

3 comments:

RWV said...

Love the pictures and story.

sandy said...

Looking at her reminds me how much I miss Mackenzie at the age. I finally get to see her in a few weeks when they come down to visit.

Really enjoyed the post and photos! She's a doll.

Hope your eye is okay. I find my face droops a little on the left side since my meningitis a few years ago.

The Bug said...

What a cutie! And I mean you too (you're funny about your selfie - ha!).

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever